Breakout J-pop duo YOASOBI extends its stay to three weeks at No. 1 on the latest Billboard Japan Hot 100, dated June 1 to 7, as “Yoru ni kakeru” leads streaming and video views for the third week straight.
Figures for the former metric increased from 8,818,302 to 9,389,535 streams this week, while the latter held steady from 13,819,547 to 13,735,236 views. The track is rising on radio and Twitter as well, and is slated to stay in the upper ranks of the Japan Hot 100 for the foreseeable future.
Eito’s “Kousui” holds at No. 2, also rising on radio airplay, Twitter mentions and downloads, indicating that both songs are growing beyond their respective fanbases to reach more casual listeners.
TWICE’s “MORE & MORE” debuts on the tally at No. 3 this week after dropping digitally in Japan during the chart week, coming in at No. 2 for video views, No. 5 for streaming, No. 9 for downloads, and No. 16 for Twitter. Songs in their catalog such as “Feel Special” and “FANCY” are also climbing again thanks to the new release, displaying the multinational girl group’s lasting appeal.
The TikTok-generated hit “Haru wo tsugeru” by yama falls 7-9 this week, but continues to perform well figure-wise, increasing in downloads (from 4,994 to 6,236 units), streaming (from 3,479,499 to 3,860,813 streams), and video views (from 3,202,679 to 3,266,776 views).
The Billboard Japan Hot 100 combines physical and digital sales, radio airplay, Twitter mentions, YouTube and GYAO! video views, Gracenote look-ups, audio streams from Amazon Music Unlimited, Apple Music, AWA, Google Play Music, KKBOX, LINE MUSIC, Rakuten Music, RecMusic provided by Gfk Japan, dHits, Uta Pass and Spotify, plus karaoke data from Daiichikosho and XING (excluded until further notice).
Billboard Japan Hot 100 Top 10 (dated June 1 to 7)
1.  Yoru ni kakeru / YOASOBI (none / 17,221 downloads / 9,389,535 streams)
2.  Kousui / Eito (none / 11,392 downloads / 7,324,528 streams)
3. [-] MORE & MORE / TWICE (none / 6,918 downloads / 4,516,547 streams)
4.  Gurenge / LiSA (2,708 copies / 17,071 downloads / 4,227,653 streams)
5.  I LOVE… / Official HIGE DANdism (1,167 copies / 7,391 downloads / 4,799,597
6.  Pretender / Official HIGE DANdism (none / 6,904 downloads / 4,569,511 streams)
7.  Hakujitsu / King Gnu (none / 9,264 downloads / 4,218,621 streams)
8.  TOP / Stray Kids (49,329 copies / none / none)
9.  Haru wo tsugeru / yama (none / 6,236 downloads / 3,860,813 streams)
10.  Harujion / YOASOBI (none / 7,747 downloads / 3,234,866 streams)
[ ]: Position last week
( ): Physical sales / downloads / streams (Top 50 only)