YOASOBI’s “Yoru ni kakeru” logs its fourth week at No. 1 on the Billboard Japan Hot 100, returning to the top spot after leading streaming for the eighth week and video views for the seventh. The long-running hit song also continues to perform well in karaoke (No. 4) and downloads (No. 7) for the week dated July 13 to 19.
Weekly video views for the track have remained consistent, peaking at 18,829,193 views two weeks ago, and marking 17,345,616 views last week, and 17,002,019 this week, maintaining a difference of over 7 million views between the song at No. 2 for the metric, Kenshi Yonezu’s “Kanden.”
Because video views tend not to shift drastically from week to week, “Yoru ni kakeru” still has a good chance to lead the Japan Hot 100, depending on how other artists’ CD sales turn out in the coming weeks.
“Kanden” holds at No. 2, leading radio airplay and still ruling downloads, though the figures have halved — it debuted at 158,572 units last week and hits 73,728 this week.
The single at No. 1 for physical sales this week, Tomohisa Yamashita’s “Nights Cold,” debuts at No. 5 on the Japan Hot 100 with 76,436 copies sold, lacking momentum due to having no points in streaming or video views.
Official HIGE DANdism’s “Laughter,” featured as the theme of the upcoming movie The Confidence Man JP: Princess, breaks into the top 10 after debuting at No. 12 last week, powered by streaming (3,688,686 weekly streams). While the pop-rockers’ long-running hit “Pretender” extends its stay in the top 10 at No. 9 this week (63 weeks total), their more recent hit song “I LOVE…” leaves after 26 weeks, and the lineup of the upper ranks of the Japan song chart is changing with the barrage of releases both digital and physical leading up to the summer.
The Billboard Japan Hot 100 combines physical and digital sales, radio airplay, Twitter mentions, YouTube and GYAO! video views, Gracenote look-ups, audio streams from Amazon Music Unlimited, Apple Music, AWA, Google Play Music, KKBOX, LINE MUSIC, Rakuten Music, RecMusic provided by Gfk Japan, dHits, Uta Pass and Spotify, plus karaoke data from Daiichikosho and XING.
Billboard Japan Hot 100 Top 10 (dated July 13 to 19)
1.  Yoru ni kakeru / YOASOBI (none / 14,802 downloads / 9,347,619 streams)
2.  Kanden / Kenshi Yonezu (none / 73,728 downloads / none)
3.  Kousui / Eito (none / 24,601 downloads / 7,798,809 streams)
4.  Make you happy / NiziU (none / 7,574 downloads / 6,726,183 streams)
5. [-] Nights Cold / Tomohisa Yamashita (76,436 copies / 4,791 downloads / none)
6.  Hadaka no kokoro / Aimyon (1,253 copies / 19,607 downloads / 5,811,105 streams)
7.  Fanfare / TWICE (21,174 copies / 5,193 downloads / 2,662,108 streams)
8. [-] Your eyes tell / BTS (none / 17,159 downloads / 5,745,319 streams)
9.  Pretender / Official HIGE DANdism (none / 7,639 downloads / 4,630,980 streams)
10.  Laughter / Official HIGE DANdism (none / 18,844 downloads / 3,688,686 streams)
[ ]: Position last week
( ): Physical sales / downloads / streams (Top 50 only)